Up to this time around 300 members have got to know the characteristics and the most important composers of the medieval, Renaissance, Baroque and Classical eras, taking part in four lectures.
In turn, the new semester lectures will continue the chronological narrative in six steps, taking us up to the modernist and post-modernist eras.
- 20 January at 18.00 "Beethoven and the Transgression of Boundaries". Professor Lolita Fūrmane
- 1 February at 18.00 "Romanticism - the lyrical and the wild". Professor Lolita Fūrmane
- 1 March at 18.00 "Romantic Symphony: from Love to the Death of Love". Conductor Andris Vecumnieks
- 22 March at 18.00 "The Unlikeness of Russian Music". Conductor Andris Vecumnieks
- 12 April at 18.00 "Encounter in the Laboratory of Modernism". Lecturer Baiba Kurpniece
- 10 May at 18.00 "Everything is Equal or the Temptation of Postmodern Music". Lecturer Baiba Kurpniece
To register for the 2nd semester of the Conversation Club in person, please contact the Concert Hall Information Centre by e-mail: email@example.com or by phone: +37163424555.
To participate in the video conference online, please fill in the form. During the live stream, registered viewers will have the opportunity to pop their questions in the "chat room".
The live video broadcast will also be available for participants without prior registration on the Facebook profile and Youtube account of the Great Amber Concert Hall.
Duration of each lecture: approximately 1 hour 30 minutes. Participation: free of charge.
The recaps of the first lectures are available here:
- Lecture 1. Guntars Prānis: The Middle Ages
- Lecture 2. Ilze Šarkovska-Liepiņa: Renaissance
- Lecture 3. Andris Veismanis: Baroque